Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, great to see so many regulars posting and a warm welcome to Trish too.

Trish, you will find the members of this forum very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I joined the forum at the begining of the year and have found everyone to be friendly and supportive and very generous with their advice. I started collecting broms about a year ago and very quickly became addicted to them, my favourites, like yours, are neos and vrieseas. My collection is quite small compared to many of the other forum members but I'm working on it :o)

Karen, great that your Vr Hieroglyphica has recovered so well after burning. My vr Hiero is the only vriesea I have had any problems with. It was one of the first I purchased and has grown very little and always looks rather poorly. I even repotted it, added a little fertilizer … don’t know what else I can do. Perhaps like Nev's Ensign, it's just not a good specimen and maybe I should get another.

Nev, I hope your knee is not too painful and doesn’t stop you from organising your spring show. Good to hear you are having better luck with your Ae Ensign and glad to hear Colleen is recovering.

Sue, your bridge looks good. I think we need you at our place ... you really get things done, as do Wendy and Johnny. We seem to take forever to get things completed.

Wendy, love the pics of your Rainbow and Snowflake. Are the aechmeas as slow growing as neos ?? Love your new vrieseas too. You will no doubt recognise my pic tonight … one of your babies, neo Bruiser … gorgeous.

Bye for now, Shirley