Photo by Melody

Perennials: What new plants have you just put in the ground?, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: What new plants have you just put in the ground?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What new plants have you just put in the ground?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Donna...I have a source for you on the peonies you want to replace.....Have you tried Gilbertwild.com. They sell peonies and I have gotten several (in the past) from them.....Mrs. FDR was one of my favs!!!!! I know they have one that is named Shaylor, tho I seem to remember the first name as Nick. If they don't show them on their web site send them a e-mail as I believe they have numerous varieties that aren't always listed. And the roots they send are huge compared to what's available from local suppliers, and if they have what your looking for they might even have a larger more mature plant available.....Years ago when I ordered from them there plants were supposedly 3-5 eyes and were more like 10-15 eyes....They must have over 200 varieties......Wouldn't ya just love to be their neighbor, lol....
Isn't it amazing what can be taken out of a mature garden and it won't even look like it's been raided, lol...good job....Just a hint on those looking for pots...sometimes some of the nurseries recycle them, ask and they may just have some....also look at Lowe's and Home Depot, some bring their pots back. Every year it seems like I need more and more to put my newly aquirred trades in, so I grab stacks of them when I can find them.

Elsa...I'm thinking I might have some peony seeds collected from last year...if your interested in trying I'll include those for you to try in out rare seed swap......just let me know if you want and I will put your name on them when I send my goodies in.......

Pix is my most favorite that I got from them many moons ago....Duchess de Nemours..(hope I spelled that correctly).

Weedy lol..is that one of those D.A. types?....Don't ya just love what that man has done for Roses.....especially trying to include fragrance back into them unlike so many now days that don't even care if there is fragrance or not.