Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, still no rain here in Brissie … I think it’s something like 34 days now without rain, something of a record apparently.

Tash, glad to hear you have your seedling mix right and everything’s powering along. I am tempted to try growing from seed but I really don’t think I have the patience … no, I absolutely KNOW I don’t have the patience.

Nev, good luck with your entries in the Annual Spring Show. Can’t wait to see the pics.

Wendy, what a skite you are :o) size 10 jeans … lucky you. I have gained about 5 kg over winter and am finding my clothes getting rather tight, just so unfair. And totally agree with you that there is utter crap on TV lately. Can’t stand watching those reality shows and there is very little else on.

We are fortunate to have a bore supplying good water to supplement our rain water, though I like to use the rain water on the broms and potted plants. I use bore water on the gardens if they need a drink.

Sue, I had a day off DG yesterday too. Just as well Nev, Wendy and Tash called in. Lovely pic of your garden … don’t forget to post a pic of your Alc Heloisae, I will definitely have to get myself one.

I did myself an injury today trying to move a very large dragon tree (dracaena draco) in a very large terracotta pot. It was way too heavy to lift so I attempted to drag it and am suffering considerable lower back pain as a result. Hopefully the wheat pack I have been using tonight will help.

Well, that’s it for me, might have an early night, Shirley

Pic is my new vriesea Galaxy