Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: August 2012, very hot and very dry., 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: August 2012, very hot and very dry.

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of August 2012, very hot and very dry.
shortleaf wrote:
That's true, more changes, inside the computer for example, that can't really be seen unless your looking for them. I intend to stay current if I can, who knows, I may not pass the test! Altho, they really want students to take and pass the exams for these certificates, today they upped the motivation even more by saying they'll give everyone, who passes everything, a new Netbook! I'm all about a free computer, so put me down as trying! lol
There is so much constantly changing in Information Technology, better ways to do this, more speed in the new chips, more storage here, less heat buildup this way, it's just endless the good changes.
Even like the way the case is built and the arrangements of the insides of the computer case. Nowadays, you can take a keyboard in the shower with you to wash it, it's water-proof, (not a wireless one, or a laptop), the case should always be closed on a computer because they are designed just so to circulate air to keep everything cool, it just goes on and on the technology changes.

Oh, the teacher guy said his age today he is nearly 50, he isn't about to retire, I think he just thinks he doesn't need the A+ certificate. I would guess he is already well enough established in the IT industry and he already has plenty of work. I forgot exactly why he said he doesn't plan to recertify his certificate, but my guess is he just doesn't need to.

Oh well, but guess what?! A new dufus has emerged in class today, I don't feel so bad now! This one poor guy was having some seemingly serious trouble. We were installing different operating systems on partitions of the computer and this guy just couldn't get his to work. The instructor goes over there and opens his cd drive and he holds up a cd and says, "Windows 7 does not boot from a music cd" like Mr. Hand on Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Man, it was hard to hold it in! I didn't laugh but others were, it was right by my station and I could only smile really big! I hope we don't sound all callous but the student guy has been late every single day, he has never got there on time, today he was over an hour late, which is normal for him. I'm sure the teacher is frustrated with having to always stop and try to catch the guy up, when he isn't really trying to learn.

My friend says she should be able to get that book at the library tomorrow, thanks Susan, I'll check it out.

A friend gave me some of her Moss Rose (Portulaca). I've always wanted some, it is an interesting plant too. I want to try it maybe in a planter with other Succulents maybe, so it can grow over the sides, or maybe I'll make a planter by the ground out of my rocks, maybe I'll put some sand on them too. I say maybe alot but I'm just thinking out loud sometimes, I am subject to change my mind at the last minute! I'm all into sand on my Cacti and Succulents! I was told by her that it's not a hardy plant but the seeds reliably fall off and abundantly make new plants. That sounds cool, I'd like to have a big old bed of them somewhere! Here it is in the middle, between my 2 cactuses. -

I'm gonna try starting these English Ivy cuttings from juhur. - I plan to have something growing up the chimney yet!
Will

This message was edited Aug 13, 2012 11:25 PM