Wildlife: Heidi Chronicles 2012 - The Little Guys & Gals, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Heidi Chronicles 2012 - The Little Guys & Gals

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heidi Chronicles 2012 - The Little Guys & Gals
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Here we have 2 adult raccoons snooping around the kits in search of cookie pieces. The adult on the right is the mom of these as you can see from the kit sitting behind her. The adult on the left is stepping very cautiously (while looking for cookies), because those are not her kits, and she knows she could easily get into trouble with the mom for snooping around so close to the kits. You can see that the kit also looks slightly intimidated by the presence of the adult who is not his mom.

That weird looking grey/black thing hanging down in this and prior pics is a dead, water soaked weed hanging from the adjacent pot. You can also see the handle of that bucket I mentioned along with the pieces of blue plastic. There are a couple of small bits of either cookie or frosting in the area around the kits in some of the pics. Most of the kits are still clueless (because they are so young) such that they often don't see or smell the cookies even when I toss them right up under their noses. The adults know this and thus are searching for the treats (for themselves). Desi is 'on the ball' and gets all the cookies I give him, but I typically have to toss the others 2 for them to get 1. After an adult steals the 1st one and the kit realizes he missed his cookie, then I toss him another one which he sees, grabs, and eats - most of the time.