Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, where is everyone, hope you are all busy and not crook.

Sue, guess it’s just you and me tonight. There has been some nice broms at our local Big W stores lately and also at Bunnings. We also have several stall holders selling nice broms at the markets. Your harbour cruise sounds like fun, though not so sure about the rolling seas and bitter, wet winds, reckon I could do without that.

We did a bit of a clean up in the gardens today. Took out 5 dwarf date palms. They looked good when they were small but they’re rather untidy when they grow larger. They also have lethal spines and I don’t know how many times we got spiked getting them out and into the trailer and off to the dump. Anyway, all done now. We also cut back a few things that had grown too big and it looks a lot better now. Hoping to get around to repotting a few of the larger broms tomorrow.

Nothing much else happening here at the moment so I’ll call it a night. Will add pics of a couple more of my favourites. First one is neo Painted Delight, the second is a neo NOID.
Bye for now, Shirley