Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning all lookers and lurkers!
Bree, thank you for your kind offer. I think I am right for water plants though, as the couple of pots in the pond could do with a revamp and declump. I get those little dewey fly catcher plants popping up in there too. Do you have them? All three plants that you have pictured are amongst my favourite.
Shirley, I made those pavers a few years back, so am going to continue along with them. I made one yesterday, but made it a bit thicker, as it was hard to judge how much concrete to use. Basically, one bag per 400-500mm2 paver, then push in flat rocks. I was making an odd shaped one, and used two bags, but 1 and a half would have been sufficient. I guess I just learned another lesson? I don't think it will matter too much, but I'm not sure if I should attempt to move it and dig out a little of the soil to make it sit lower. I'll wait until I take the frame work off then decide.
Its looking a bit dull and overcast outside, but hopefully it will clear up when the sun rises. I had plans to do a little bit of watering. I have been doing a smidgen of weeding in the vege patch most afternoons, and am halfway thinking of going into the spring garden comp this year. I think about it every year, but get stressed trying to get the whole shebang tidy at once, but this year, I almost feel on top of it. I think I have another couple of weeks to enter, so I'll wait and see how i feel then. All it takes is a good storm, a flood or some other disaster and all the hard work goes to waste, and spring is a fickle time around here
Nothing brommy going on for me. Still too cool for potting. I DID take a pic of Neo. 'Thunderbird' as promised, so bear with me and I'll load it.......... there, the first pic is three N. 'Thunderbird' seedlings, which are actually a bit richer in colour than the picture shows
The second picture is the new paver, made that shape to direct you around the corner.
the third pic is the bunker all tidied and with its shelving.
Hello to all our missing contributors. Lets hope you are all too busy, or experiencing computer probs, rather than being too unwell to correspond.
have a happy thursday all.
Sue

This message was edited Aug 9, 2012 7:47 AM