Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: August 2012, very hot and very dry., 5 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: August 2012, very hot and very dry.

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of August 2012, very hot and very dry.
shortleaf wrote:
Has anybody ever seen a SpiderPlant baby have a baby of it's own so soon after cutting it off the big plant in about Feb.? - That's an Ozark Witch Hazel on the right of it and a Cholla to it's left in a Christmas can!

My friend here got this Persimmon as a sapling from Powell Gardens Arboretum in Sept. 05' and now 7 years later, I just noticed today it has Persimmons! It's not self-fruiting (dioecious) so I don't know how it got pollinated, maybe from insects from another Persimmon tree some distance from here, I don't know, I haven't seen any nearby. I have a little one in a pot that I was going to use to pollinate it but I think it's way too small now to do it.

Boy, talk about being persnickety on watering, I water these Elephant Ears every steenking day! -
Here they were 2 days ago. - I don't have a photo of them yesterday, but I remember watering them less than 24 hours before that ugly photo was taken.

Also, something to consider on being a computer repair technician is that in a few years they say the personal computer will be on it's way out and that you will store all your computer stuff at a remote location called "Cloud". "Cloud" is quite a lot different and very much controversial in do you really "own" your stuff?! Even Steve Wozniak (co-creator of Apple) says it will be "horrendous" - http://www.infowars.com/wozniak-cloud-computing-trend-is-hor... . Altho, the instructor at school says these jobs will still be needed to work on the "Cloud terminals". Your DD, Sally, might have done a good thing by not wanting to fix computers! lol

Does anyone know how I can make this Philodendron 'Micans' fuller and bushier? You said to prune it Sally, does that make it bushier?