Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
good morning all.
Hi Tash, lucky you to get a variegated seedling! Wheres mine, Nev? heh heh. I have a few of Nevs thunderbird seedlings, so i will take a pic of a couple today. They are similar in shape to Little prince, but a rich, burgundy colour. I agree with you about the tills. I was never much into them, but they take up hardly any room, and you don't need pots or soil for most of them. They are quite easy to grow from seed too, just very slow, much like Vrieseas. Good luck with your old Mum throwing another pup. I'm not sure if they are up to it either? If it sets seed, it seems to take an awfully long time to mature. It seems that Tillandsias have all the time in the world?
I'm with you Shirley, in hoping that all the sickies are on the mend? Your V. ospinae Gruberi looks like a good one. I wish we had markets that sell decent ones around here!
Another cool start this morning, but promising to be another sunny day, so I have made ANOTHER list of jobs to do. I can't wait to get out there, but i really have to do a spot of housework, as I usually leave it for rainy days and I'm happy to say its quite messy now!
I'll leave you with a couple of pics from my friends garden, taken yesterday
Sue
picture one is a Richard Harper Vriesea
Picture two is Vriesea 'Rafael'
Picture three is Neo. 'Chilli Verdi'
Picture four is a group of colourful minis, sorry about the angle!