Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Daylilies: Blooming Today New Mexico, 1 by l2le

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright l2le

In reply to: Blooming Today New Mexico

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Blooming Today New Mexico
l2le wrote:
Thanks Gary!

That is what I was trying to do, BUT this year has been a bummer. We had a very long extra cold spell 2 years ago and this last year it got warm, everything started leafing out, then it froze again, and it has been super hot since the middle of May and no rain to speak of. Everyone is on rationed water and they want us to only water 3 times a week in July and August, so a lot of my flowers have dried up. I also lost my Reywood Ash tree. The tree guy said it was due to that deep freeze from 2 years ago, along with the warming and freezing early this year.

I bought 2 new coneflowers and only 1 looks like "maybe" it will make it. The one I already had is blooming so that is a good thing. My Galardia and my Coreopsis look like they are dying, Petunias are not blooming as usual, and even the Lantana are not doing well. I have brown places on my little lawn and it "looks like hell"!! I also may have to replace the Dianthus, as it is all browned and not flowering like it usually does.

I may have to resod my lawn to look decent. It is only about 15 x 7 to 8 ft, so it isn't that expensive.....just time consuming along with a lot of water. My daylilys have short scapes and I lost a lot of buds that just dried up and dropped off. I am now watering more and changed out the drip system, so hopefully next year will be better.

I am depressed......can you tell?

All I had today was Late Rose and Zella Virginia