Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 111

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA ROOM   # 111
chookie2 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
My first daff is out and looking good.
Colleen good to hear you will have some more help , I know the pruning must have been worrying you and to get someone who knows gardening is a great bonus. Good news and hope it is soon even better with you up and fossicking again.
yes Jean my foofd garden s coming on well ,I harvested a good years supply of almonds before thew birds go thtem and the nectarine is a really heavy bearer as are the two apples and pear. The apricot is young but gave me apricots (just a few) for the first time so this year may be more. lemons are ripening and the cumquat still has fruit on it too.Frost bit the Jostaberry hard so am hoping Spring will see it reshoot. I have Loganberry and Boysenberry to palnt once I get the chookyard garden dug and set out too. I still have figs in the freezer from the fig tree and am wondering why I planted cuttings now- don't need more at all. The two blood plums are young yet but in a year or so will be harvesting them too. If you want to sell your blood plums I have a friend in Heywood who is looking for them .You may even know her as she does the Hamilton and Portland markets with her jams and cakes.She told me last week that her plum jam is running out the door and my trees are not ready for her yet. Let me know if you have excess next season and I will pass it on.
I will certainly let you know when I come up your way - would be lovely to talk gardening with you face to face.

Rain is just pouring down now and my tanks are all overflowing - I hate wasting water but have nowhere to put it now the tanks are full. Boom or bust -that's Australia huh?

Lulu is happy with her friends and ELJAY and Dolly are now named hens, and the rooster is Lord Jim. I will try and find one more hen to be a good mother and sit on eggs but will just wait until I find the right 'Lady" for his Lordship.
Did have an oops yesterday when the one egg was broken but the shell was really fragile and weak so I hope it is not an egg eater and just a mishap - have added lots of calcium shellgrit to their feed to strengthen the eggshells.
Lord Jim's feathers are the most glorious black shot with mettallic green with a speckled brown ruff around his neck - definitely Lordly material, and little Dolly has the same black iridescent green feathers - Eljay has a more brown speckled on black coat.

This is an early painting I did of my old chooks a few years back - well about 10 now I think.LOL