Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Daylilies: Blooming Today New Mexico, 1 by l2le

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright l2le

In reply to: Blooming Today New Mexico

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Blooming Today New Mexico
l2le wrote:
Thank you everyone! When everything is blooming right and is vigorously growing it really is quite nice. I have a couple of lattice close to the covered porch in back with Trumpet vine and Clematis growing. My ash tree that is located in the center of my teardrop area died, so has to be taken out and something else planted there. It was a really nice shade tree up until this year. I have a Japanese Pagoda tree in the corner behind those pots & left over pieces of concrete blocks that does well. I have some iris and a few gladiolous planted there. I'd like hosta, but I have crocus and Hyacinth that come up early early in the year, so don't want the hosta to take over. I have a mimosa tree to the right of those planters too.

I have a lot of flagstone areas and an area with tumbled pavers under the mimosa. I had planned on a bench over there and also planned on a small waterfall with rocks. I even have some rocks with holes in them so it is all natural looking. I just haven't decided where it should go for the most enjoyment.

I have a 17 x 8' covered porch off my living room that right now is loaded up with 2 Adirondack chairs that I made....one of cedar and one of redwood., a small wrought iron table & 4 chairs, my Weber grill, a stationary bike, my rowing machine and a whole bunch of garden stuff that I have out to work with in making my lily beds. The house inside is a little under the weather right now, because I'd rather be outside in the yard! So there you have it. Perhaps ya'all will be able to come up with a moniker for me! LOL

As for lilys blooming today, nothing "new", but Ida's Magic, another trio of Walter's Tango, a Bi-tone Pink Double, Venice is Sinking, Sunrise Sunset Beautiful, Cee Cee, Pardon Me (4), Zella Virginia (6), Papillon and 2 Ellen Christine.

Ton