Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 110, 1 by chookie2

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
chookie2 wrote:
Good morning everyone- well Cackleberry Castle ( Thanks Barry!) is now completely finished with indoor outdoor nesting box so I can peek in from outside and collect the eggs,I will paint it all much later as too many other things on the go right now and I want to oil the timber first to make sure it lasts outdoors.

Spent yesterday doing the floor and mounting the feeder and waterer so all is ready to move in. Separate gate to the yard and my neighbour says he has never seen such a luxurious henhouse - not really it is pretty standard but he thinks I must be going to have 80 hens because the yard is big. Just 4/5 will be fine for me.They need lots of room and eventually I will divide some off for the grass to grow back so they have two alternate runs.

The rooster comes tomorrow and Lulu and he will move in together so it is new to them both at the same time. Though Lulu has been right underfoot during the build and 'inspected' every little thing as it was done even down to pecking the pencil while the handyman was measuring with it. He loved her and picked her up often for a cuddle and asked where she was if I didn't let her out when he arrived.( I thought she may have been a nuisance - but no he liked her right there! LOL)

As soon as the wire was on I planted the passionfruit I had waiting.It is near the outdoor waterer so the overflow will keep it watered as well. And the choko is in a pot until frosts are finished. Now to get the rest of the garden beds in and planted around the wire boundary.

Handyman's next job will be the gazebo around the pond in a few weeks. I am looking forward to that immensely.

Jean, Thanks for the reassurance, I was worried about the brug and frost bitten softies.I would love to see and raid your garden, I will call in on my way to Casterton one day and bring my purse! LOL Will let you know when but probably Sept/Oct I would think. No I don't have lavender here I did think it may be too wet for it but I guess it grows in england so should grow here - it is like a UK climate here where I am except hotter Summer - not much different to parts of Tassie I think from my stay at Uni in Launceston.

Colleen so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better - yes hand out some cooked goodies or preserves when you make them .No one helps with a thought to returns, so just do what you feel is ok. So happy you are improving.The boys will be relieved to have Mum back on deck properly but don't overdo it when you begin - do it slowly and carefully - voice of experience! LOL

Karen why would Housing move you? Once in you are there for life unless you want to move aren't you? Mind you a change is as good as a holiday sometimes. Mine is exciting every day with something new to learn about the garden and area.

All what a lovely little image of your GD, she will make a great gardener if you encourage her now. And how lucky to have twin babies to love ! Lucky you.

Hi Al, Yes we are opposites in Seasons so we are freezing in Winter while you cook In Summer. Our tomatoes go in Sept/Oct for a January/Feb harvest. Am preparing the Spring beds now for Septembers plantings. Blossoms beginning to appear on almonds and other fruit trees just budding up now.