Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Request Help with Bleeding Heart Houseplant, 1 by bk_lonewolf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bk_lonewolf

Subject: Request Help with Bleeding Heart Houseplant

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Request Help with Bleeding Heart Houseplant
bk_lonewolf wrote:
I have a small bleeding heart plant that seems to be having a really hard time. I live in New York City and it's really hot and humid this time of year and I don't think the plant likes that but more importantly it has an insect infection I cant seem to get rid of. I see very small white larvae walking around upon close inspection, and an occasional small millipede looking thing and I believe spider mites as well.

I have treated it three times with this houseplant insecticide spray which has worked on other plants many times before but on this plant it seems to do nothing. My question is since the houseplant is already having a really hard time with the hot humid weather is it better to try to transplant it into a new pot that I know is not affected (and with new non-infected potting soil) or should I just keep on trying to solve this problem with the insecticide? Also any other suggestions and tips are also greatly appreciated. -Eddie