Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 110, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
DawnSong wrote:
Hello everyone. Jean, I shamefacedly admit I've been sleeping in and haven't had time to sit at the computer long enough to visit. A bit warmer this morning and it looks like being a beautiful day. I find the cold is causing my shoulder to ache, especially at night, but I still have limited movement too. Hanging out washing is quite a challenge for me.

Speaking of early Spring, my mini peach trees are almost flowering already. Sad, as it means I'll lose most of the baby peaches if the August winds are bad this year. Seems to happen every year now, and I get very few peaches anymore.

Dianne, what an amazing experience not only to see the little lamb come into the world, but then to resue it as well. The trees look so healthy and green. Lovely place for Mick to live.

Teresa, great to hear you are getting your house back in order, and to your liking. Give Sugar and Copper a hug each from me.

Chookie, that azalea hedge is magnificent. I have a very old azalea bush here called Red Wings, and it used to flower like that. I think it is getting too old now and too much competition for food from the trees around it. Where is this one growing? I don't go to many markets but the place I get the odd gemstone from is the Beenleigh markets on Sundays. What I like about that one is that the man running it is great to talk to, and has the better stones at home, and is happy to bring anything in next week that you may want to look at. I was interested in the watermelon tourmaline. It is very expensive, but he had some samples at home he'd sell for a lower price. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get back to see him again, yet.

Charleen, glad you aren't allergic to those stings. We get paper wasps here that can catch you unawares, but I too find a squirt with insect spray and they drop like flies. I remember the old days when my father used to make an elaborate flaming torch to burn them and their nests outs altogether. I once watched as a preying mantis ate a wasps nest, then while it was sitting licking its chops, a mickey bird flew down and ate him. Talk about a food chain.

Anthony, hope you are keeping your toes warm there. Nature has her way of keeping her strongest plants safe from the weather, don't you find?

Colleen, I too am sorry to learn that your back is not recovering yet. Don't force anything and let others take the load for as long as you need to so you can recover properly.

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Catch you next time.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Karen

Pelican preening.