Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 2 by Sansai87

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sansai87

In reply to: #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to post
Photo of #14: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Sansai87 wrote:
That sounds like a fair deal to me, Carrie. It is much more than I get paid for running errands and acting as MK's sighted guide, but then I get lots of perks. (Room and board, food, etc.) I still think I would like to become a certified PCA. A nurse told me I wasn’t physically strong enough for the work, but I can change that. The sheer number of elderly people there are as the baby boomers age would mean job security. With the job of medical transcription going the way of dinosaurs, I need to be thinking about other work.
A snake bit Fenny-dog on Thursday night. I was afraid I would lose her at first. Her paw was terribly swollen and she whined and whimpered almost non-stop. I had never heard Fenny make such sounds before. From the size of the puncture wounds and the distance between them, it must have been a big snake. Fenny has zero tolerance for snakes. She destroys them on site. She’s been bitten in the past, but never been so sick from it. Papa Jim forced a Benadryl down her throat and Mama Kay gave her something to ease the pain and make her sleep. Her paw is still swollen today, but not nearly so much as it was. I have no doubt now she will survive. I hope she has learned her lesson. Tater-dog is much smarter about snakes. Tate will bark incessantly until she gets our attention, but she never lets herself get within striking range of a snake. She appears to think she has done her job in letting us know a creepy-crawly is present. Getting rid of said creepy-crawly is our job. .
I was so worried about Fenrira, I didn’t sleep well. I did my outside work around 4 a.m. The birds are up and singing even before the dawn. We have so many song birds now! I can remember when Amargia’s feathered inhabitants were more likely to be crows and turkey buzzards. BTW, Sheri, do you know the right dimensions for the entrance hole in a bluebird house?
PJ has been chained to the computer today doing a complete re-install. MK is busy with something involving concrete and leaves. I guess we will know what that is about eventually. I think it is past time for this thread to be refreshed I'll get on it :-)
~N~
Photo #1: ‘Bold Move’ daylily
Photo #2: Verbena? Valerian? It’s a plant that starts with “V”. lol. Note to self: Use only paint pens to write labels in future.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2012 12:48 PM