Caudiciforms: Adenium, a mixed review., 1 by helenchild

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright helenchild

Subject: Adenium, a mixed review.

Forum: Caudiciforms

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Adenium, a mixed review.
helenchild wrote:
I have most of my caudiciforms in s/h. Some have done fine and other have not thrived.
The first shot shows several A. obesum. The first on the left leafed out beautifully and has a red bud that is being slow to open. The middle plant has had small leaves from the beginning. The one on the right started out with small leaves and then began flowering on one part of the plant.

I think the problem is with the roots. We had a terrible hot spell this spring and I may not have kept up with regular watering. This may well have caused root loss and stunted growth. I hope to get a chance to inspect the roots soon and make a diagnosis and maybe render first aide.

The second photo is of one plant that hasn't missed a beat. It has been blooming nonstop for weeks. In fact it has produced a seed pod, the first one I ever had! Some kind of fun!

All these plants have been grown side by side with the same schedule of watering/feeding. Possibly the container size played a role in the differences in how the plants are doing at this time.

Helen