Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Watering in this Heat and Drought, 1 by Gracye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gracye

In reply to: Watering in this Heat and Drought

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Watering in this Heat and Drought
Gracye wrote:
Okay, I cannot stand it. I went outside a while ago to take this photo for all of you. It is of my steroidal garden. I made 4 large loaves of Zucchini Bread, and a Zucchini/Fresh Tomato casserole (we had it with garlic bread - perfect summer meal!). Note the bird netting on the left - it is sheltering my new-this-year strawberry patch.

Even though I cut my desires in half, I still have plenty to share! Hubby is especially happy to give his sister and brothers some of our produce. He even fed his dad about a dozen strawberries on Wednesday - his father's friend, in the Nursing Home, does not speak, but under instruction from dad, my husband shared some of the strawberries with him. Hubby talked and talked about that huge smile that came upon his face when he tasted "real" strawberries.

This is what it's all about, eh?! I really love to grow vegetables and fruits so that all around me can enjoy. Now, I can hardly wait to see if those silly Hillbilly tomatoes actually bear before winter sets in...I bought them at the last minute.