Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: With Your Help - Here 'Tis!, 1 by Gracye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gracye

Subject: With Your Help - Here 'Tis!

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of With Your Help - Here 'Tis!
Gracye wrote:
Hello Fellow Green Souls,

With your help, I have achieved the look that is appropriate for my 1950's cinderblock cottage. Basically, everything is new, from paint on the house, to paint on the wrought iron railing (I painted it and please do not ask to hire me out-you couldn't afford the price! LOL), to the custom shutters.
The Lozita Japanese Maple sits in front, on its own island from the Virginia Red Clay, the Trident Maple is carefully sited from the house and to maximize shade, the "Castle Wall" hollies are either side of the humble front porch, I also have globe blue spruce, and on the outside, some new "Soft Serve" False Cypress.
Please realize that, two years ago, there were two mis-matched and dying big boxwoods (and American and English) on the right of the porch, and some horrible WEED SHRUB that made me dig a trench down to the foundation to get rid of it and all the shoots, on the left of the porch. No other landscaping in the front, and basically the raised look near the foundation is all new dirt.
Now, all I need to do is water away. Thank you, one and all! This is my little piece of Heaven - we're retro, down to the antennae and well.