Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 1 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’m still trying to catch up on all of the posts I haven’t yet read and I came across the pic of the Billbergia NOID from Mike.

Mike – I think I may have the same tall growing plant which was identified for me some time ago by a well known brom grower and international judge of many years. She said it is Billbergia ‘Kip’ and this identity was confirmed by two other Billbergia growers.

Although yours seems to have much brighter colours, this could purely be a result of growing in a warmer climate with better light. Unfortunately, although it’s mentioned in the BCR there are no images of it; all that’s recorded is that it’s a Grace Goode hybrid of a crossing between Oeser’s Bigeneric Hybrid x Bill. Catherine Wilson.

I’m attaching two old pic’s (non digital) of a couple of mine, however as it’s just coming into flower now, I will be able to get a better pic of the flowers which I will post when they open in a week or two.

Hi to everyone else, love all of the pictures, please keep them coming.

All the best, Nev.

1st pic is Billbergia Kip grown in high light and the second is grown in low light