Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012, 5 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Back at last thanks to advice from Tash and some computer “jiggling” by my son. Hopefully all the problems are past now and I can get on with doing what I like to do best, talking to friends about brom’s.

It’s good to see you all putting up regular posts and pictures and even when I couldn’t take part in the discussions I could still occasionally open up the forum page and look at the pics and read the comments; but it was very, very frustrating not to be able to participate.

I had a phone call from Colleen a day or two back and she’s grounded with a bad back, so I’m sure you’ll all join with me in sending Colleen a big get well soon wish.

Bree - I have to agree with the others, your plant certainly looks like ‘Manoa Beauty’ to me as well. I can’t be sure but your second plant could also be a ‘Manoa Beauty’ which has been grown with more light or possibly even an immature ‘Painted Desert’, a bit hard to be definite though.

Tash – That’s a great variegated plant you got from Allan and it does look like it will make a good transmitter but with the added benefit of great colour and shape as well; you've certainly done a great job of growing it, but don't show Allan or he might want it back!. Also, don’t forget the “old fart” when you have a bit of spare seed will you?

That’s about it from me now as I have my youngest son and his family here from Bali for a couple of weeks so I’d better make the most of it as we only see them once a year.

All the best, Nev.

A few pic's to finish with, 1st is one I got from Jen. Neo 'Bold Streak' x Mc Williamsii, 2nd, one of my favourites Neo 'Purple Star', 3rd is Vr 'Megan' and 4th and 5th are a side and top view of what I think is a very much underrated plant, Ae. Rakete