Perennials: long blooming flowers, 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: long blooming flowers

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of long blooming flowers
DonnaMack wrote:
I don't think I could get rid of it if I tried - and I still have my original seed. There were two sources: Select Seeds and Johnny's Selected Seeds, neither of which offers it this year.

Those wonderful heirloom plants go out of style. I have a bunch of out of commerce plants - Lilium Silver Sunburst (I got it from Old House Gardens, and he is no longer offering it, because he can't find a grower.) It's incredibly prolific. I started with 3, have at least ten, have given away about 15 and have seven of eight of them growing at my house that's under contract), Amethyst Temple, Emerald Temple, saponaria Bouncing Bett in white (which I got from Glenn Varner at Flower Scent Garden the year before he went out of business). What do these have in common? They are incredibly prolific. But they went out of style, simply because people introduced something not necessarily better, but "new".

I started life as an heirloom gardener. They lasted because they were great, but orienpets took out most trumpets.

How could Amethyst Temple be out of commerce? Look at this beauty!

Or Emerald Temple?

Amazing to me!