Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Watering in this Heat and Drought, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Watering in this Heat and Drought

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Watering in this Heat and Drought
Gitagal wrote:
Seems all I am doing today is reading/posting on DG--AND--running out to take pictures to show
what the heck I am talking about.

Talking trees here--so I needed to show you mine and some neighbor's.
Hope it is not too boring.... You will see the difference.

1--My BIG Silver Maple. Please note the strong branching and structure...Took this from my back yard neighbor's side.
Behind the split rail fence is my "YUK" bed--with D-Lilies going gung-ho right now. My house is on the right.
That is about all I have for a back yard.
2--This is, probably, an offspring of my S.M.--but is on my back-yard neighbor's property.
Here you can see the "weak crotches" S.M. are known for. He also has to deal with "THE FENCE"!!!
He likes it and said he would tear down his split-rail. Why have 2 fences?
3--This is my Red Maple (aka whatever...). See the difference in branching? Very horizontal.
Would be good for hanging a swing--if I had any G-Kids...This one's leaves turn yellow in 2 separate cycles.
The first when it gets really hot--like in September--and then in late October--when they all come down
within a week. No "red" about it! May be a misnomer....This is the one "by my shed"--visible....
4--These are some of the tall, big original Oaks (look at the 2 to the right) that people saved.
They are massive! and--many areas around here saved them....

This message was edited Jul 9, 2012 12:51 PM