Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 110, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
ctmorris wrote:
I'm ready and waiting Jean. I've made us home made pasties for lunch so will have them nice and hot for you all when you get here. Benny will be so pleased to see Tilly. He loves to run around the back yard with other dogs. Maybe we can go for a trip up to the island where we used to camp when we were kids. Every May holidays we packed up and went camping. Lots of fish around then. My brother and sister and their families all went camping too. We still joke at how little food they took with them as you could catch fish or a rabbit or a duck anytime you needed it. They used to take Weetbix, powered milk a packet of tea., flour, sugar, jam and always a packet of Surf for washing the nappies. My niece was only six weeks old when she first went camping. There are lots of burial grounds around that area. We can then go down river to Overland corner and do some fossicking in the cliffs. Shark teeth have even been found there so that would be a bit of a thrill if we could find one too. The boys are on school holidays so they will have to come too. Branden wants to find a starfish skeleton. Cameren will be quite happy just looking for lizards. Then maybe we can go down river a bit further to Taylorville and go for a camel ride. This guy takes his camels lots of different places but it would be nice to see lots of camels all together. There is a nice little bush tucker place down that way too, maybe we can call in for afternoon tea and try out their quondong jam. I don't know where there are any minerals around here so we might have to go and see the gem and mineral people and ask them. I have always wanted to visit Tasmania so that will be nice. Can't wait to take off. See you all in the morning. Colleen