Hostas: Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "F", 1 by Eleven

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eleven

In reply to: Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "F"

Forum: Hostas

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "F"
Eleven wrote:
#1. 'Fire Island' - added spring 2010. Emerges with beautiful yellow color but it's all downhill from there. Burned 3 years in a row. Thin leaves get insect damage. Not a favorite. Moved to a new bed this year, so we'll see. Pic 6/15/2012

#2. 'First Frost' - new this early spring 2012. Impulse buy at the nursery because it looked really good. Still does, but the margins are beginning to whiten. Pic 6/19/2012

#3. 'Fortunei Aureomarginata' - came with the house, so pre-dates 2008. Not a hosta that wows me, but it does look good all season. Pic 6/19/2012

#4. 'Fragrant Bouquet' - came with the house, so pre-dates 2008. One of those oldies that actually looks good. Moved last year from a shady spot (where it looked weak and didn't impress me) to an open one with lots of sun, so it got hit with late frost this year. Not enough room in this bed, so still considering a permanent home for it. Pic 6/19/2012

#5. 'Fragrant Dream' - added spring 2009. One of my favorites. Love the color changes from green to darker green centers and cream to white margins. Will look even better in a month! Pic 6/19/2012