Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
Nice photos, juhur, very colorful. Is your camera set on email size, they are pretty small. Not that it's a bad thing, I bet the upload time on DG is real good. Mine take a while to upload to DG, sometimes I'll go to the refridgerator or something while they upload..lol
Glad to hear Coneflowers like the dry, but they always seemed to wilt before they were planted but come to think of it they never look wilted anymore since their planted. The one is still yellow with Aster Yellows but I just don't have the heart to dispose of it.

My Sunflowers just say Mammoth, it could be the same thing, they just left off the Russian part maybe. Here they are in their glory, those right of the seed packet I just threw in a bigger pot, surprised they haven't gotten ate yet. -

Here is the big pot of the root sprout Blackberry plant that I hope does like a root cutting, it seems to be taking off, the big leaves that were already there seem to be drying up and smaller leaves coming in. -

I think the soil here must be too acidic or something, several plants just get yellowed leaves like this Blue Angel Hosta. -

This Bumblebee sure likes some Hyssop, it landed like a foot in front of me when I was getting the next photo! -

Here is that next photo. I just wanted to give my 2 cents about something, just setting plants in a bucket of water seems to be a sure way for them to flourish, like this! -

I noticed at Walmart that they had a Rudbeckia, which is Black-Eyed Susan, I wonder why they don't say Black-Eyed Susan? Also, it was only hardy to 40 degrees, it was like a houseplant, but it sure was pretty.
I like Black-Eyed Susans though that overwinter outside.