Hostas: Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "M", 1 by ViolaAnn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ViolaAnn

In reply to: Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "M"

Forum: Hostas

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Let's see your pictures of hostas beginning with "M"
ViolaAnn wrote:
#1. 'Moonstruck' - new spring 2007. A prissy little thing that doesn't grow well, melts out and is generally fussy. The year I divided a piece from it in the spring, it pouted all season. I've divided it. Gave some away to plant sales and am growing a section in another location, but I think this one is on the list of those to get rid of to make space for others.

#2. 'Morning Light' - new 2005. Also somewhat fussy. But once I moved it to morning light only, it stopped melting out for the most part. However, with strong sun the last couple of years and white aluminum siding from two houses nearby, I may have to look for another spot for it.

#3. 'Mouse Trap' - new August 2010. A lovely member of the BME family which has grown reasonably well for me.

#4. 'My Claire' - new spring 2006. I like this small hosta a lot. I think it's underused, but it's very pretty with its blue-centred leaves. I divided this one for the first time in 2011 when I did a large hosta sale to benefit my church renovation. When I replanted, I did so in 3 groups which have almost grown together into one large mound.

#5. Mouse garden with its watchful guardian.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012 9:42 AM