Photo by Melody

Daylilies: My Daylilies are terrible this year............, 1 by weedyseedy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weedyseedy

In reply to: My Daylilies are terrible this year............

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Daylilies are terrible this year............
weedyseedy wrote:
The later daylilies seem to be settling down a bit better and seemed to have escaped frost damage--old ED Murray has scapes on every division I made last Fall, eighteen scapes all together so I may talk myself into some crosses as there will be a lot of flowers to work with. Wild Horses has turned into a nice clump and is sporting a bunch of scapes---Ed seems to team up with Wild Horses which may take some figuring to predict what the offspring will look like but what the heck, I'm just a backyard pollen dabber---curiosity is part of the quest. A row of rosea seeds I planted outside in Fall 2009 have sent up more than ten scapes and look like they may be very tall and spidery---two scapes are already five feet tall with very thin narrow buds----curiosity as to what color they will be, weather pinks or the yellows that sometimes pop up. They are close to some ditch lilies and I was surprised to see that the branching was exactly the same----so are they all fulvas? I always thought rosea looked a bit different from other fulvous daylilies, wondering why Stout classified them together. A quilled petaled daylily that I crossed with Orchid Corsage looks like there will be some blooms and I will try to figure out if it is a recessive characteristic and if it is how do I get some more in maybe different colors. I have an old picture of that one so I will post that as I am tired typing!!--------------------------------Weedy