Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
A wooky internet!! Better than spooky!! Let's see the gorgeous Lily, Pepper!

I finished up a little on that divider trellis thing for the Purple Prince Lily Trees! Their just tied losely with twine, so the wind doesn't blow them down. That's a Hollyhock down at the end by itself, it's been bad! Just kidding, It's a 'Summer Carnival' Hollyhock that I grew from a seed packet last year. Here's a photo of the packet from last year. - There's another plant of it on the other side of the backyard from that packet. I got some "black" Hollyhocks with them, this should be interesting. I wonder if any of them will actually be those colors they said or just flower in time for them to have reverted back to the regular maroon Hollyhock color?! Oh well, the joys of being a novice! The old maroon color Hollyhocks are pretty too.

I've spent some time over at my Grandparent's putting down some red mulch for them in their front yard. I couldn't take the sight of it all neglected anymore, they have some decent plants in there and it was starting to look so downtrodden. I put in 7 bags of that mulch, ideally it would've had one more bag, but it's way better than before. Here is a couple photos of that job. -
Will