Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
Hey everybody, come back!
I guess I'm gonna have a light pink Hydrangea myself. There is no sign of the blue. Hey, check this out, we got our mailbox told what's what last nite. It was smashed flatter than a pancake, I've already replaced it, coincidentally, there was another one just like it already here, it was even new. Ironically, I was even up last nite when it happened, at 2am. I told my friend, she was asleep, that I heard voices and some noise outside, but she said it's probably nothing, so I didn't go out there, well, it was our mailbox being told what's up! A neighbor also got their's bent over, but not smashed like ours, theirs is reusable, they just need to straighten the support back up. Our support didn't budge but the mailbox itself got beat up bad. I changed the mailbox this morning around 10:30am, the mail had already came and was in the mailbox! The only day the mail has ever came before Noon and it's in our smashed up mailbox! I took a photo of it before I changed it, here it is. See the neighbor's bent? You can't really tell it in the photo because it's bent the going down the street way. -
I plan to erect this trellis divider thing that we have here for the Purple Prince Lily Trees to climb on, here it is. -
Here is the Purple Princes, they are some shining stars, wish I had this done in time for their blooms. I plan to put the support for that divider in concrete so it doesn't budge for the Purple Princes. -
I want to get them tied loosely to the divider after I get it there, hopefully tomorrow.
I haven't heard from Crit, I hope the Rose-Of-Sharon cuttings got there okay and they got planted soon after they arrived at her house, they had to be getting dried out.
It is nice to have my rainbarrel filled back up! -
See my new big planter for the waterlilies? And there's those light pink Hydrangea blooms. -
I had that wrong about not mowing in a month. That was since I tried mowing last, when I bent the blade. Actually, it's been over 2 months likely since I last mowed, what grass there is is pretty tall.