Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 109, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 109

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 109
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Very cold here. My fingers are feeling numb.
Yesterday was damp with the misty rain. fog around most of the day.
I had to water a few plant that are in the shadehouse with the alsinite roof as they dont get rained on.
I even had to water some of the pots under trees as the rain has not been heavy enough to come through the canopy on them.
Besides, those large brug leaves seem to shed the water over the edge of the pot.

Anthony, I thought you would be getting more rain down there.
I will send mine down for you.
Those liliums will certainly look beautiful come spring.
I can just see Sooty lazing in your daffs while you work.
Glad yo saved the hellebores. Mine are starting to flower. Arent they so lovely ?

Teresa, Enjoy your mini holiday and then getting back to a lovely repaired house.
I bet Copper & Sugar have a great time in the kennels. The staff will love those tow spottys.
I can see Sugar thinking up more mischief to get into when she is back home.

Hello Dianne. I did enjoy a husband free day. I pottered here and there then had a good read by the heater.
It was lovely to just sit and have nothing to do.
Poor hubby came home not feeling well as he is getting a cold.
Oh dear... a man patient who is not very patient ...lol

Hello Colleen, nice to hear you had a good day. Boys & their toys. The boys are learning early about man toys arent they ?

Marlene, as far as I cab find out, Epiforums is off line indefinitely.
I wouldnt worry about rot on the epis. Some of mine get it every year. I just leave them until the warm weather dries it out then cut the dead bits off.
Doesnt seem to bother any of them much..
I found that if I cut the rotting bits off now, they will just start again on the new cuts.
The rot seems to stop itself and just slowly dries up as the weather warms again. .
I have a group of them that I had to put out in the open and they are looking awful, but will recover in spring/summer.

Hello Karen. That was really a weird happening. Fancy a shop ringing anyone about your business.
I would be complaining to them and making sure they were not stepping over the privacy line.
I hope you are keeping well and taking things very easy.

Charleen. I like the look of that fluffy lady with feathered friend.
Its a wonder Charley didnt stick his head in for a look . He may be hiding out the back waiting for me to put out cakes...lol

Hello to everyone else looking in
Enjoy the rest of the long weekend ( those that have it )

Heres a treat for morning tea......Pumpkin Loaf.
Happy day
Jean.