Photo by Melody

Perennials: Post photo of your favorite perennial combinations, Part 2, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Post photo of your favorite perennial combinations, Part 2

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Post photo of your favorite perennial combinations, Part 2
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
birder, ooops, I was referring to Salvia grandiflorus, one I have not grown and would love too. Sorry, I was starting at the beginnning of the thread, never made it past your question to me yet, lol.

Yes I also love Salvia Victoria Blue, which is also available in white. Rarely do they overwinter for me tho.

Carolyn: have you tried growing them indoors under lights? That's how I start most of my seeds, with exceptions, (those that I know which reseed in the garden), and annuals that can be seeded outside. I only have 2 that reseed in the garden for me: Penst. strictus Rocky Mountain Blue, pix 1. The other is Penst. Red Rocks, pix 2. My penst. Pike's Peak Blue has yet to ever reseed. My new aquisition of Penst. palmerii is new last spring and should bloom this season, can hardly wait, it's pink, FRAGRANT, and can get to 5-6 foot tall. It's native in the southern climes of Colorado, and New Mexico, available from High country Gardens .com.