Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 108, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 108

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 108
DawnSong wrote:
Good morning. Yesterday was a nice day and we went to check out that mystery plant with the yellow flowers. I am now more convinced it is a sunflower shrub, or Tree Marigold (among other names). It is a rampart grower and through many of the flowers were finished, what was left was covered with bees. Moon, you are right. It is Tithonia diversifolia. Your glads are beautiful. I never had any luck with them as the soil was just too hard and too poor.

On the way home, we stopped at the local pound to see if I could get a cat trap. Another dead bird yesterday, and I've had more than enough of feeling helpless. I can't find the owner of the cat, but it is obviously well cared for and fed. Local law demands cats are not to be left out, and they let me have a trap and instructions to use it for a week. I hope I can catch the darned thing. It will cost the owners a pretty sum to get the cat back, so will be a lesson well learned.

Teresa, that second pic of Sugar looks like mischief looking for a place to happen :)

Dianne, that's an unusual flower. Hope that rain eases up this week for you and others that are still getting it. We get a few sunny days here, so they say, but due to start getting the clouds back by Friday.

Chookie, let us know how you go with the rock.

Colleen what is that flower? It's so pretty. A shrub?

Hello to everyone popping in for a hot cuppa and a chat. Have a great week.

Karen

A better close up of the sunflower shrub.
A Pied Oystercatcher at Victoria Point, tide out.
Looking across the channel to Coochiemudlo. The natives used to walk across the sandbars and swim the channel bits to get to the island. It has quite a little history for a small island so close to the mainland.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2012 3:35 PM