Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!, 3 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June 2012- Feels way too much like July!!
shortleaf wrote:
Yeah, really warm outside, wearing a sombrero doesn't help the heat on my head! I'd rather protect my skin from melanomas first tho. Sweat started getting in my eyes, I'm gonna have to locate my sweatband.

Great Crit! 2 cuttings are going in the mail today, the flag is up and the mail-lady hasn't came yet, so expect the 2 cuttings soon. Anybody else want one, they ARE pretty when they flower? I drew a little arrow which way to plant them Crit, I don't mean to suggest that you'd plant them upside down but that's really easy to do, (I've done it before), I want them to live for you, it is really a pretty shrub. They are in a padded envelope, I hope they make it there unbroken.

Thanks happ, I need to clear away some of that clutter by the shade garden. That's neat how the Ligularias are doing so good, they have big leaves, the leaves are even bigger than the Blue Angel Hosta's leaves in front of it. I tried to relocate my succulent planter, but it's too heavy and awkward, I should just leave it. At first I thought I'd try putting it in a bucket to carry it, that didn't work because the handle on the bucket didn't even clear the side of the succulent planter! THEN, it wouldn't come out of the bucket so now I have to ask for help for someone to grab the bucket while I lift the planter, there's no way I could do it by myself. I got to be careful or I'm gonna end up tipping it over and uprooting everything. I found the photo of yours today happ, sorry but mine is strikingly similar to yours! lol - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=8800341
A class with the Master Gardeners does sound interesting! I looked at your link to Gardengate happ, there is some incredible articles and pictures there. I have one of Adrian Bloom's books Gardening With Conifers

Here is the parent Rose Of Sharon, it's still unruly but it's smaller than before after I pruned the dickens out of it last year.
Will