Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 108, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 108

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 108
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Very nippy here this morning but no sign of frost while the clouds and rain are around.
This is good as the brugs are popping out buds which I would not like to see ruined by frost.
Lots of green coming through the ground now. The daffodil leaves are all poking up.
For some odd reason, although a lot of my plants are later than most around the area, the daffies are always early.
I am not getting much done outside while its all wet & sticky , but at least I finished moving the irises and have the vegetables area ready to plant.

Anthony, sounds like the string bikini has been put away for a while down there. Keep warm.
Love to see all the liliums in spring.

Teresa, so glad you are not badly affected by the latest shakings . Hope Copper & Sugar are behaving nicely.

Karen, I still miss my faithful Opal . She died many years a go and I have had doggy friends since , but she was one that took my heart completely.
I remember her as a young pup getting between me and a strange man at the door one day. She was very protective and showed all the intelligence of her breed ( German Shepherd).

Dianne, I said to hubby that I may sing to my brugs and he laughed and said they would die of fright.
Lucky he was only joking or I may have hit him with a brug....lol
He may not have been wrong though. I have heard myself sing ...not good. I will never make the top 10..

Sue, you will be feeling the cold down there now . Hope you have lots of nice fruit & jams for winter puddings.
You may need a blanket over your fish pond. Poor things wont like the ice on top of the water as winter gets here properly.

Colleen, how are all your cacti going ?
They will be hiding under the brugs or moving into the shadehouse for winter.

Charleen, send us some of your sun to see us through the winter.
We should be happy we dont get as cold as you do or have snow , unless we are up on the mountains.
Hugs for the furry ones.

Moon and Louise, hope you are also enjoying lovely weather.

Better see what I have in the kitchen for morning tea.

Here we are , try this ...Chocolate Marble Cake.

Happy day
Jean.