Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias.....it's almost winter....., 1 by Seachanger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Seachanger

In reply to: Brugmansias.....it's almost winter.....

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Brugmansias.....it's almost winter.....
Seachanger wrote:
Lots of baby Sphaeros popping thru here.........the warm ones that I have growing are past the dangerous stage.
Only the odd flower left so I thought that the pods and babies might make a good subject matter.

I have been thinking about a name for the AF x C and because of all the colour changes, I keep coming back to Joseph's coat.......I did like a couple of other prettier names, but can't get this one out of my head...so Joseph's coat it will be...

First pic is of the twin pods, this is the PP x Frosty Pink.
2nd is the smaller twin pod growing alongside the first one. it's PP x Bruce's Pink, Don't know about this one.
It was so slow to grow...
3rd pic is of the Strybing Vulsa x Sanguinea seedlings, they were planted at the end of July '11...
They are bunching at the top, so I hope they flower this year...
4th is the funny pod on the Charleston x Apricot Queen...that's the double white, that is taller than anything else, but shows lots of promise, if I can ever see the flowers....its taller than GHA and Ivoire...
5th is the nursery, with all of the Summer 2013 hopes and dreams....there is a fairy in there keeping watch....

Jean, you can be sure that one of those discarded plants will grow up to be a beauty and you will have to bring it back..

This message was edited May 26, 2012 2:41 PM