Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Help! Neighbors have taken away my privacy, 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: Help! Neighbors have taken away my privacy

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help! Neighbors have taken away my privacy
DonnaMack wrote:
I'm keeping my eye on them. But these people are cowards. My naivete just provided them with an opportunity.

And, you know, there is another ugly section of chain link fence next to yet another neighbors yard. I'm going to but two plants. Forest Farm is shipping to my area well into June, and the cost of shipping two plants is the same as for. And 1-2 foot plants are $10-2. My house faces north south, and the two houses face east west on another street, so they back into mine. And both have exposed chain link fences. The other house's fence is covered by the many native shrubs that were already there. Because they are so low maintenance, I have been able to put my energy into antique roses, peonies, and perennials.

Amusingly enough there is a pokeweed plant about five feet from the gap. THEY ARE HUGE!! I have two in the yard - you can't get them out. They grow about 8 feet - fast. There are two in my yard, both in front of their fence. I would never have put it in. But it is going to form another natural block in a few weeks, before going dormant in the fall. It's on the right in the picture. I remember them in the garden from last year. They were very, very tall!