Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 108

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 108
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Its very chilly here this morning , but no frost.
Hubby said last night there would be a frost so I am glad he was wrong.
I have done over half the work in the iris beds. I am taking things slowly in case I do any damage to my shoulder again.
Thankfully, this will be the last major work I need to do to have all the garden much easier to look after.

Anthony, we are seeing some development coming in the rural areas here too. Not so much close to us but it will eventually sneak in.
I have seen some lovely places just wiped away due to building new estates.
I wonder at the people these days wanting to have a huge edifice instead of being happy with just a nice medium house.
Last time we drove along the coast south of us, we saw miles of large empty houses built for holidays only.
Very few are lived in permanently.
Access to a lot of the coast has been stopped by all this building too.
I am glad I will not be around in 100 years too . I would hate to see what the country will look like.
I think the SciFi writers had the right idea when they wrote books many years ago with humanity living in millions of units , having an allowance for water, power etc,
I see the violence of today leading to more and more wanting to leave the cities or live in high security communities .
There will be a race of poor living outside giant enclosed city walls in the future.
No fresh food and little fresh air.

Dianne, lucky you are still a little way away from the bad congestion as yet.

Hello Teresa. I had a giggle about Sugar and her mischief. I am sorry but it was funny , imagining you coming in the door to chaos.
Copper must have been thinking , aha, theres my toy that person hid from me...lol

Karen, I put a few zygo pics in a new thread for May flowering.

I am going to have the best show I have ever had from them. So many buds on the plants.
I must rearrange the pots so I can see them all as I walk in the shadehouse.

Hello everyone else .
I will leave a tasty treat for morning tea. .....Pumpkin Loaf.

The sun has come out and the sky is clear , so once it warms a little , I will get back to the garden.

Happy day
Jean.