Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 108, 1 by chookie2

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 108

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 108
chookie2 wrote:
Well done Jean , you do look after us , with all those yummy morning teas and nice thoughts. Great job thank you. That's a lovely Autumnal view. My tree have almost lost all their leaves but the pumpkin leaves are still green and so too the capsicums - very strange.I willleave the pumpkins until we have a frost then pick them.

Cold here too, feels wintry.I am going to be burning too much wood if I am not careful.
I barely left the house yesterday,just planted a few alstromerias and then raced back in to the warm.

I still have about 150 other bulbs to go but it will wait a day or so . Freesias, Crocus and Brodaiea mainly.

Daffodils,grape hyacinth are peeking out already and so are the ranunculi.
This will be my first Spring actually living here, so I am wondering what else will pop up that I didn't plant! LOL
Earlier, I did find lots of Monkshoods under the oak trees and transplanted some to the pond verge.

My fig tree is tossing leaves into the pond but they are easy to fish out. I have hung some planters in the fig tree so I can see them from the office here and the dining room. Have some ivies, Lettuces and colchinea in them for now.

Still waiting on the plumber to come and replace the Hot Water Service though. Grrr. and the tree lopper has not turned up either and now it is 3 months since he said he would come, he did come to look about six weeks ago and said "in two weeks" but never turned up - I hate nagging them and I know he hates chopping hawthorns with their long thorns, but it puts holes in the tyres of anything that goes there from cars to mower to my shoes ...and it's leaning towards the road so must go. I made some Hawthorn jelly with the berries but it was a bit bland, better when I mixed them with crabapples.