Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to post
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
I'm anal about stuff too! I have a measuring tape or a level out all the time, I hate doing something twice. Like my paternal Grandfather told me many, many years ago, "if you do it right the first time you don't have to do it twice"! I like that one almost as much as, "nice guys finish last"! AND, I like it better than what my Dad used to say, "money makes the world go round", maybe it does because I don't have much and the world isn't going around much! He never had much either but he was always trying to get some!

I saw your flowers over on the Weather forum and all I can say is wow billyp! - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9116747 I usually don't have time to look over there but I did today and I'm glad I did. It must smell real nice by your flowers.

Today, I brushed most of the splashed up dirt off the ramp's side.

Crit, was that stump going to be used as a kind of ramp for the waterfall? If you said, I missed it. The dimensions and photos of it are very nice, can't wait to see more.

Columbine eh billy? I looked for it tonite at HomeDepot when I got a lawnmower blade, I can't find it there. I hafta tell what happened to my lawnmower blade! I hit something and the mower stopped, I looked and the blade was bent so bad it was dragging on the ground! When I was parking it, the blade was lightly scraping the concrete. I hit a stump of a big old bush that I removed a little over 2 years ago. I hit it with a sledgehammer until it came out, it was dead.

Haha! That would be funny happ! But, I'd hafta refrain from telling if I replanted a Hosta that much! Actually, I replaced 3 out of the 6 in that bed 1 time each, so far! That could go up as I predict more bummers, the leaves on one that I just planted there seem to be curling, so not sure yet.

Here that 'Blue Fortune' Hyssop, it's doing well. I plan to plant it next to the red shed after I paint the shed. I want to plant by the shed like you have yours planted by your shed, billyp.

Well, I did a little more toward getting my pond's liner out, I pulled all the rocks back a bit. I might drain the pond tomorrow if replacing the lawnmower blade doesn't give me any grief. I gotta cut the grass tho, no bent blade is holding me back! My big pot of Blue Flag Iris from Imames is bursting with the Iris and is ready to be planted, where, is the question, I want to put it by my little BigLots wooden bridge. Actually, I have 2 pots of the Iris from Imames, the other one is a little smaller, I want to plant it too.

Thanks billyp on the color of those rocks. I drove a long way today to get more of them, they are a nice yellow, I ran out of them on the right side of that ramp's rocks earlier. I musta looked comical in my sombrero and orange vest, out there today! Fortunately, I have an economical car..lol I even have a big old rock in the trunk!

This message was edited May 11, 2012 12:27 AM