Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2012-Plants done Blooming?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May 2012-Plants done Blooming?
shortleaf wrote:
I've seen pictures of your pond happ, it is nice, all your plants and everything look real good. Today, I started setting the border rocks back so I can do some digging and get to the liner.
I know about Silver Maple seedlings myself, I musta pulled 20 today out of pots and stuff.

In the front yard in that area with all the Hostas, today there I dug up another Hosta that was languishing, 'Krossa Regal', I replaced it with my newest Coral Bells 'Birkin'. Maybe a different plant will act differently there than a Hosta. Somethings going on there with the soil or something, I don't know what it is exactly, maybe more sun than I think hits that area, I might be investing in one of those soil testers, this is the third Hosta that I've dug up there. I took a couple photos of the job when I did it earlier.

I am putting yet more rocks next to the driveway to border the Wisterias. I intend to put more mulch in there after it looks like all the Wisteria seedlings have sprouted, so they don't have any trouble getting thru the mulch, altho they probably wouldn't anyway..lol I need to straighten up my new and glorious Hummingbird feeder I see. I even took a photo of making the sugar water by gosh! 4 parts water to 1 part sugar, really simple! - http://howtoenjoyhummingbirds.com/hummingbird nectar recipe ... You don't need the pretty plants and trees Hummingbirds like!