Clematis: Clematis chat: Success without effort, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Clematis chat: Success without effort

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Clematis chat: Success without effort
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Marie...it is Senetti "Light Blue Bicolor". Sorry, I didn't mean to post it twice. first pix is a Senetti and an annual Osteospurmum, And 5 is from my garden a few days ago, dwarf iris and JJs.
I actually grow two of the osteos. b.c. Lavender Mist and Purple Mountain (pix below). Z5-6, gosh thought they went to z8. Will be collecting seeds this year. from the annuals also.
Clems here are greening up nicely, found 3 the d*** had pruned for me, (darn things anyhow). Atleast they have time to grow before blooming, just got two new branches where the chomps are. Personally I'd rather do my own pruning!!
Found that I had lost Princess Dianna over the winter (will leave it alone as cross my fingers). All the other new ones planted last fall made it.
Speaking of vines, anyone else have Hydrangea anomala petiolaris (climbing hydrangea)? Please any info would be appreciated, just got 2 from Home Depot, have seen them from afar and loved, vowing to grow them for myself. Help is welcomed.
Sue thanks for the heads up on taking cuttings, how long and probably not from a flowering stem? More info please, lol. thanks.

This message was edited May 7, 2012 1:37 PM