Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 107, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 107

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #  107
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Still showery here as was yesterday. Its lovely for the garden but I have to watch the weeds happily growing and laughing at me .
I will get at them soon, they had better start running.
Lots of bulb leaves coming through. Marvellous how they can push up through the very hard clay we have here.
I will be putting all the plants on the trailer today ( hopefully not in the rain )

Moon , I have a dayliliy out here. Poor confused thing.
Most of mine die back after flowering and look a real urky mess through winter. They are already starting to get new growth this year.
Perhaps the long dry made them think it is summer again.
The yellow on that is out seems to want to have a flower most of the year,
Its not one of the larger ones, just a nice small one with lots of flowers on each stem.

Teresa, you will have to watch that girl now with her spring loaded legs. She will be wanting to jump on everything for fun now.

Charleen, I cant send you my rain as I need it but sounds like Dianne can spare some for you.
Didnt see Charley this morning, just a whisk of a tail going around the corner.

Dianne, your garden will be loving the rain, but its no fun getting around in the mud.

Colleen, hope all is well with you there. You havent been taken over by triffid broms yet ?
I can see them all marching up the road looking for even more space...lol

Anthony, good luck with your selling and planting out. I hope the weather is kind to you .

Louise. lovely to see your smiling face back again.
You must show us more of your wonderful paintings when you do them. I love autumn colors, but your spring forest will have so many shades of green.
Isnt there some lovely bark on trees ?
We often look at the different ones when driving .
You would not be so envious of the nasturtiums once they get going. They are very clever at sneaking up into trees & shrubs when I am not looking. Suddenly one day you see bright orange & yellow flowers up high where they shouldnt be.
I am going to be mean this year and rip out any that dare to climb.
I love them as a colored carpet over the ground under the trees where nothing much grows.

Better go and see what I have in the kitchen for you all then get hubby to help me put the tables on the trailer before I start loading the plants.
We made two tables that sit together in the trailer and are pine , so easily lifted out for use at the trash & treasure.
The plants in trays fir nicely under them in the trailer .
We will put the tarps on and they will sit in the yard until very early Sunday when we leave.

Here we are... something tasty for morning tea..One of my favorites..... Blueberry Muffins.

Happy day
Jean.