Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: 5 gallon ebucket 1st-timer, 1 by JohnCrichton75

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JohnCrichton75

In reply to: 5 gallon ebucket 1st-timer

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 5 gallon ebucket 1st-timer
JohnCrichton75 wrote:
Hey Lane, good to hear from you. Yes, my veggie plants are doing well for the most part using eBuckets. One small issue, though, is this bell pepper plant. It looks healthy and very green, but it is so small! Maybe a foot tall right now. The thing is, I planted it about a month ago when it was maybe a 6" transplant.

What do you guys think? Is it "operator error" on my part for not feeding it properly? I mixed in some slow release fertilizer for tomatoes and peppers- you may have seen the plastic cylinder cans with the red top at the garden center, I forget the name brand though. Anyway, it's13-13-13, and I mixed it into the soil prior to planting. I added a tbsp or so of bone meal at the bottom of the planting hole as well.

Anyway, after a month in the eBucket I figured the pepper plant would have been much bigger. Thoughts, Linda? Our weather has been pretty good for the most part- a very warm March and so on.