Accessible Gardening: Laughing For Joy #8, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: Laughing For Joy #8

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  Laughing For Joy #8
seacanepain wrote:
We don’t have any dogwoods. Well, there are some wild ones in the woods, but those are a “no touch.” I think I would like to have a white blooming variety for the Old Soldiers Garden and maybe one for the CanDo Garden.
Went to Harbor Freight today to buy some casters for the deep freeze. (Now that I can move it easily, it might get swept behind and under more often. That’s the idea anyway. When I go to the tool store I always drop by the nursery on my way home. Kay focuses on the new plants and doesn’t ask me how much I spent at the hardware store. (“Hello. My name is Jim and I am a tool and hardware addict.”) My dearly beloved doesn’t think I can be trusted by myself at a tool store. But, then, I don’t think she can be trusted by herself at a plant nursery.
Found a ½ price Easter lily. The tag said it was ‘Tiny Hope,” but it was white,not red. It must have been mislabeled. Probably, why it was on sale. Still a gorgeous find. It will be a welcome sight next year at its natural bloom time of July. Also, found some wooly thyme, New Zealand brass buttons, garlic chives and moss rose.
Did anyone get hit hard by the cold snap? I forgot to push my bottle palm inside. It seems to have survived my neglect, however. Didn’t get cold enough to do any real damage. (Jim)
Photo #1: Mrs. C.’s house.
Photo #2: Today, it was blackberry cake with Dream Whip.