Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Yarden maintenance for April

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yarden maintenance for April
Gitagal wrote:
SS--

I did not buy them at HD. I got them at "Maryland Flower and Foliage"--a wholesale grower.
However--anyone can shop there....This place is only about 4 miles from my house.

I do not plan to plant them in the ground. I want them in some big containers with other, complimentary
color flowers I have. Did some beauties several years ago. I called it my "Purple Pot". Will look for the pic.
Went out and looked at the tag. It said: "Plant in part sun or shade". Mine always grew in dappled AM light.
Two or three years ago--if any of you remember--NO Nurseries anywhere carried the Persian Shield.
Seems some malady had hit all these plants and no one in the whole Country could get any to grow.
Can't say I saw them last year much either. Maybe the supply is just slowly rebounding?

He had 4 trays (8 5" pots in each) sitting on the floor. May be all he had....I wanted to get mine early.
Last night, before I covered all my plants with tattered sheets--I noticed how droopy
the P.S. looked. I don't think they cared for the cold winds.....So--I took them inside for the night.
Will do that again tonight.

Holly---I have never tried rooting the P.S. Give it a try! What do you have to lose?
Right now they are still tender--kind of like a soft-wood might be. May be the right state to root them....

Not the best picture--but you will get the idea. Taaa--Dahhh--My "Purple Pot"...