Clematis: Clematis in shrubs, 1 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: Clematis in shrubs

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Clematis in shrubs
Pfg wrote:
I was just looking through old photos and came across this one from 2008.
In 2009 I took no garden pictures at all. That year I did a lot more wiping out, and anything I planted was tiny and seemed insignificant next to all the devastation. The tradescantia was about the worst, huge, tough root systems that were buried deep in between the rocks and in the middle of plants I wanted to save. They kept coming back over and over again. I still keep a sharp eye out and have to remove new ones very often. Ferns were second worst, still are,mthough I love them in other places. Then there were the raspberries, goldenrod, grass, and soooo many weeds! Ugh!!
The second is from last fall after moving things around quite a bit. The white baptisia was there, a huge clump surrounded by mess, and I managed to keep most of it. Sadly I lost the stand of white Physostegia behind it, but hope to be able to get some going there again. I think it must once have been a white garden, and am trying to work with that idea without perhaps being so strict about it. I plan to replace the anemone with the white Honorine Jobert. She can ramble as much as she wants, also the Physostegia, I welcome it there. I wonder where they'll want to go. I'm expecting more height this year over all, finally. It's been a long haul, but worth it. This is now the fun part.

Pam