Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's happening in your neck of the woods??? Come chat..., 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's happening in your neck of the woods??? Come chat...

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's happening in your neck of the woods??? Come chat...
fancyvan wrote:
Lovely pics Betty.

Our rescue email site was hacked into yesterday and when I opened up on Tuesday I could not get into site - had to change password - discovered a message had been sent out in my name to all the some 200 contact list saying I was in Scotland and had been robbed of everything please send money, dont phone, phone stolen too( I dont carry a cell phone!) please send $$ so I can get home.!!!!! This is a really old scam - I have had it many times from a variety of locations. Of course anybody on that list who knows me knows I was certainly not in Scotland! However it turned out all the contact list and some 5000 emails had also disappeared! So I could not send out a blast email to warn. Between some on my personal email and posting on websites where I had contacts I did manage to contact a fair number of people, also many people emailed back to check and some even phoned me! Spent most of the day on the computer or the phone! Have emailed yahoo to ask they say they may be able to restore the emails if it is within 48 hours so worth a try. Hope that includes the contact list but dont know - rebuilding a contact list is a real bummer!

A message was also put on our Facebook page - I told the person who is the admin she could post it was a scam but people could still send me the $$! LOL!

Fortunately we only have two dogs at the moment and one is not yet posted for adoption, the other we are in the adoption process and these documents are in my personal list of documents or the adoptions coordinator so the most important things are not lost! Many of those lost emails are probably not very important but I do find myself going back from time to time looking for a name or contact information.

The pic is Orange Perfection- rather hard to find, I have a couple, hope they survived our snowless winter.