Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yarden maintenance for April, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Yarden maintenance for April

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Yarden maintenance for April
Gitagal wrote:
Worked my body to a pulp outside today! From 10AM until 3PM. Had to stop--everything was hurting....
Came in to sit down and watch Dr. Phil. Bah--Humbug!

Among other things--I got my patio furniture all set up. Wiped clean--cushions on and arranged....
Brought out almost all my HB's--which almost all seem to be Spider plants. Plus--my BIG Ric Rac.
My Curly Spider HB was getting very pot-bound. Decided to take it all out and divide it up.
NO biggie! It came right apart. So--I got 3 HB's out of this one. All really full.

I started bringing out some of the Clivias as well. The ones that are done blooming....
Have several more inside to go. Anyone want one??? Please D-mail me. They are NOT freebies.....
Jill--maybe you have some friends that would like one???

Next big chore is to dig up all my beds and dig in some of that Mushroom Soil I slaved over to dig up and bring home.
I have a new Clematis coming from Brushwood--FREE!--as they sent me the wrong one when I ordered it 2 years ago.
Mike there is a sweetheart!!!!

Can't decide exactly WHERE to put it--as if I had endless choices----HA! That would be a joke!
I will be getting a Proteus free because of all this. I used to have one--but it slowly died.
I would like to put it in the same small bed--it would get bright AM sun until about 2PM.
I may move it more to the front of this bed---You would laugh if you saw how little this bed is!!!
Maybe I will go out and take a picture.......Ridiculous--NO?

It USED to have my KK Hibiscus in it--but you all know how HUGE that grows.
It got dug up and mover to the small round bed on my front lawn.

Then--It used to have all those fancy Lilies in it --the "Honeymoon" and the "Chinese Trumpet Lilies--Regale"
that I ordered when I got back from my trip to Latvia and fell in love with the Regales...

Well--I think they just did not get enough sun here (GREAT AM sun--until 2PM)--so I moved them to the bed
on the other side of my house that gets full sun. Shuffle....shuffle......that is how all my garden plantings go....
Something NEW comes in my garden--something old has to get moved.......or GO!

Just went outside and took some pictures to show you what I am talking about.....

#1--This is the small (almost a joke!) AM bed that both my KK Hib. and my Fancy Schmancy Lilies started in.
It can't be more than 5' long and 2' wide.....That is where I had my "Proteus" Clematis as well .
Right against the house foundation.....Maybe it did not like all that concrete????
Also-- all my Fancy Lilies grew here. They did awesome the first year--then, slowly, declined....
At the left end--there grows my oldest Peony I have. The pom-pom white one with
touches of fuchsia in the bloom.
#2--This is my S. facing bed that I moved the Fancy Lilies to. Where the wire markers are....
Hoping to see them in their glory--but the bulbs were NOT the greatest when I moved them...
May take a year or two ti get them back to their "glory"......
#3---The Kopper King Hibiscus now resides in a small, round bed on my front lawn. It is GLORIOUS!!!
#4--The "Proteus Clematis" in its glory----before it declined.....
#5--My Strawberries growing really well---This is the bed I USED to grow all my Tomatoes in.
Before I had that raised bed built. I plan to grow Cukes here again--and hope they do better than last year.

My Garden surely is like "Musical Chairs".......Now you know why I have such a short "WANTS" list....
Nowhere to put anything!!!
Gita