Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansia chat in Autumn...., 1 by WayneCarter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WayneCarter

In reply to: Brugmansia chat in Autumn....

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugmansia chat in Autumn....
WayneCarter wrote:
That was quick Chrissy! Glad that they arrived OK. Sorry to be so skimpy on the 'Musketeer x 'Fernando' - as I mentioned, waiting to see if the x pollination with 'Tantra' took. If not, I will grow a few "Y" pieces here and post off bare rooted come spring.

Lovely pics Dianne. I am with you on 'Clementine' for fragrance! Thanks for the note on the various aurea plants. Of the three we have here, the best bloomer is what was known as "GK"... Huge amount of blooms and full on fragrance - honey and almond. The Yamina plant tends to be heavy on foliage rather than flower. Sadly "GHA" has not done well for me. Maybe too much shade. I will take some tip cuttings Jean and try again in another location.

Darn cold here too! Must get the fires organised - usually ANZAC Day in these parts.

Shaun, not good to hear that 'Tantra' is troubled by mites down your way. My mistake - "mites" should have read "virus resistant" - apologies! Mind you, 'Tantra' here is vigorous and very healthy. A lovely plant full of potential.

Here is another pic of that little "pink"... lots of blooms (if somewhat plain) for a seedling, first flush.